- This event has passed.
Rethinking organic waste
May 28 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$5.00
In this Workshop hosted by the City of Melville participants will learn ways to manage their organic waste at home. Hear from Peg Davies (Lessen with Peg) and see demonstrations of each different system.
- How composting works and what it needs
- How to set up and maintain a compost bin
- Troubleshooting: pests, smelly compost, compost that’s not working
- How to keep worms happy and why they’re useful
- How to set up and maintain a worm farm
- Troubleshooting: hot weather, dead worms
- How Bokashi works, where and how to use it
- How to set up a Bokashi bucket
Sign up to the City of Melville Sustainability and Environment eNews to hear of upcoming events and initiatives.