Switched On Business Awards
Get your business recognised for sustainability!
Local businesses that have made impressive steps to reducing their greenhouse gas emissions, waste generation and water use can nominate or be nominated for this award year round, with nominations assessed by the South East Regional Energy Group up to twice per year.
Winners of the Switched on Business Award receive a framed certificate which is presented by a Councillor from the local government at an official event. The winner is acknowledged on Switch your Thinking’s website, Facebook page and e-newsletter.
Current nomination round closes Friday, 17th November 2023
How to Enter
Write Your Nomination
Examples of sustainable business practices:
- Changing lights to LED fittings
- Installation of solar panels and battery systems
- Switching from gas to electricity for heating and other appliances
- Purchase green power or carbon credits
- Hot water – installation of solar hot water, hot water heat pump or setting temperature to a maximum of 50°c
- Monitoring your business’ carbon emissions and continually seek to reduce emissions
- Completion of an energy efficiency assessment such as Nabers or NaTHERS
- Divestment from fossil fuels (banking and superannuation)
- Insulation – insulating roof paint, wall and ceiling insulation
- Installing flow restrictors on taps
- Installation of water tanks
- Rainwater harvesting
- Mulching of gardens
- Purchase water efficient appliances
- Installation of a grey water system
- Switching to electric vehicles
- Incentives for staff and clientele to catch public transport or carpool
- Providing staff the option to work from home
Waste & Recycling
- Reduce waste generation
- Maximise recycling
- Circular economy principles
- Minimise obsolescence (buying quality, repairable equipment where possible),
- Sustainable and/or local procurement
- Use of reusables vs. disposables
- Lifecycle assessment practices
- Switching to a paperless administration system
All done? Email your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
- Switched On Business is available to businesses located in Switch Your Thinking council areas.
- Switched On Business celebrates environmentally sustainable action. Corporate and social sustainability actions will not be considered when assessing nominations.
- The environmental action must be above and beyond what a business in your industry usually does.
- Only initiatives that are underway or have already been completed will be considered.
- Government organisations are not eligible.
- Self-nomination, nomination from the public and nomination from another organisation are accepted. Contact us to nominate.
- Recipients are determined by a panel of judges.
Attend a sustainable event!
See what sustainable events are running near you.