- This event has passed.
Textile Arts Club
June 25 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Textile Arts Club
If you enjoy crafting with textiles and socialising with like minded people, this group is for you! Regardless of who you are, what textile arts you do (crochet, sewing, embroidery, etc.) and whether you’re a beginner or experienced, come and join our social textiles group!
Build skills, confidence and community while caring for the environment and reducing waste – we highly encourage reusing, repurposing and repairing!
You’re welcome to bring your own project to work on or join forces with others on a group project. Drop in and head home as you please within this three hour timeframe.
Workshops teaching various textiles skills are also run simultaneously – please register for these workshops separately, which are displayed on this page
What we provide:
• A mentor is available to guide, share or troubleshoot for anyone who’d like assistance
• Three sewing machines and 1 overlocker are available for use on a first served basis, please be conscientious of others and share the equipment
• 3 irons and ironing boards are available for use, please be conscientious of others and share the equipment
• Some commonly used sewing consumables available to share if you need them e.g. buttons, needles, pins etc., but it’s advised that you bring your own
• Kitchen & tea/coffee facilities available
What to bring:
• Please bring something to share for afternoon tea. Kitchen & tea/coffee facilities available.
• Sewing consumables (some are available to share if you need them)
• Please note: unfortunately for safety reasons we are unable to have BYO sewing machines, overlockers or any equipment that plugs into power unless it has been tested and tagged by a licenced electrician. The City holds two free Test and Tag sessions per year which will be made available for regular members of the group.